• 250 g – fish (Rawas, Surmai or Halwaa)
• 1 – Onion (cut in strips)
• 1 inch – Ginger (make paste)
• 10-12 – Green chillies (chopped)
• 1 – stem Curry leaves
• 1 – Tomato (sliced)
• 1/2 – Coconut (grated)
• 1/2 tsp – Cornflower
• 1/2 – Lime Juice
- Marinate fish in salt for 15-30 minutes and fry it moderately in medium flame.
- Saute the onion, ginger, chillies, curry leaves and tomato in oil till light brown.
- Soak the grated coconut in warm water and then remove the water and keep it aside as first milk.
- Take some of the milk and pour it into fried masala and put in fish pieces. Cook for 10 minutes.
- When cooked, add cornflower dissolved in water and boil. Then add first milk.
- Before serving, add juice of half a lime to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Malini Bisen