• 6 medium sized pieces of any boneless fish
• 2 tsp ground black pepper
• 3 tsp Butter
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 tsp chopped Mint
• 4 Spring onions chopped finely
• 2 tbsp grated cheese
• 3 tbsp flour
• 1 cup Milk
- Wash the fish and marinate it with the salt, pepper and mint for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the sauce.
- Warm the milk with a little water in a pan.
- Mix in the flour and stir to get a smooth paste.
- Add the butter, half a tsp ground pepper and salt, and mix well.
- Cook for 3 or 4 more minutes on low heat till the mixture thickens, then turn off the heat.
- Lay the marinated fish flat in a shallow greased baking dish.
- Pour the sauce over the fish and shake the dish so that the sauce covers the fish well.
- Sprinkle the chopped spring onions and the grated cheese over the top.
- Cover the dish with aluminium foil and bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees Fahrenheit) for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with bread or dinner rolls.
- Recipe courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White-Kumar