• 10 – sardines
• 3 – medium Onions (chopped)
• 6 – Garlic pods (chopped finely)
• 1 inch – Ginger (chopped finely)
• 5-6 – Green chillies (slit lengthwise)
• 2 – medium Tomatoes (chopped)
• 1 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1/2 tsp – Red Chilli powder (optional)
• 4-5 tbsp – Oil
• 1 bunch – Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
• Salt to taste
- Wash and clean the fish thoroughly. Ensure that the scales, head and the internals are removed.
- Heat oil in a wok and add green chillies, garlic and ginger.
- Stir for 15 seconds and add chopped onions. Fry till onions are transparent.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt.
- Stir for a minute and add chopped tomatoes.
- Fry till the tomatoes become slightly mushy.
- Add 2-3 cups of water and bring the curry to a boil for 5 mins.
- Cook on low flame and gently slip the sardines into the curry.
- Let the curry simmer for around 5 mins. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Nikhil