• Small Brinjals – 8
• Onions – 3, medium size
• Tamarind – small ball
• Red Chillies – 5
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric
• Curry leaves
• 1 tsp – Urad Dal
• 1 tsp – Cumin
• 1 tsp – Mustard seeds.
- Take water in a pot. Add tamarind, turmeric, salt and slit brinjals, and cook till they become tender and set aside.
- In a pan, put 2 tsp of oil and add onion pieces, salt, red chillies and fry them till they become golden brown.
- Grind them to a paste and set aside.
- Stuff the brinjals with the onion paste.
- In a pan, add urad dal, cumin and mustard seeds till they splatter. Add curry leaves too.
- Add these stuffed brinjals till they are little brown.
Recipe courtesy of Kavita