• 4 – scallops
• 4 tbsp – foie gras (chopped)
• 1/4 – chopped iceberg Lettuce
• 1/4 tsp – Cilantro (coriander leaves)
• 1/4 tsp – chopped fresh Ginger root
• 1/2 tsp – soy sauce
• 1/4 tsp – curry powder
• 1/4 tsp – Butter
• Salt to taste
- In a saucepan melt butter at low heat
- Add curry powder and let the aroma develop. (Fry gently. It burns easily.)
- Add scallops. (Place them evenly in the pan and turn gently) and fry at medium heat
- Set the scallops aside and fry the fois gras in the same skillet.
- Turn up the heat. It should be crunchy and not burnt.
- Add soy sauce and deglaze.
- Add lettuce and let it just wilt.
- In a serving platter, spread lettuce in the centre and arrange the fois gras in the lap of the lettuce.
- Place the scallops on the platter in a diamond pattern.
- Garnish with cilantro, salt and ginger evenly.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi