French Macrons, delicious and gorgeous looking French cookies. These French sweet sandwiches seem like quite the task, but with some simple tricks, you’ll be an expert in no time.
They are delicate cookies with a crunchy texture and sweet flavors. I wonder always why they are so popular. But the first time I’ve tasted French macarons they just melt in my mouth. My first attempt was very hard, but after some trials and mistake,I finally perfected the technique to make them. These are like cloud cookies and if you want to do it the super-easy way, fill them with your flavor of frosting. So everyone,?try out and enjoy it with your loved one.
– 3 large egg whites at room temperature
– 1 tablespoon meringue powder
– 3 tablespoons sugar
– 3/4 cup extra-fine ground almonds
– 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
– Food coloring pastes
– Marmalade or curd fillings
How To Cook?
1. Preheat the oven to 300 F and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
2. Now, whip together the egg whites and meringue powder until they are foamy, then slowly pour the sugar in and whip until the whites barely hold a soft peak when the beaters are lifted.
3. Now, stir together the icing sugar and almonds and then gently fold this into the whipped whites in 2 additions.
4. If you want to make color macarons then divide the batter into 3 bowls and stir in a touch of color into each.
5. Now, fill 3 piping bags fitted with a plain tip with each of the batters and pipe the macarons that are 1 ? inches wide and inch apart on the baking tray. Leave it to stand for about 15-30 minutes or until they develop a “skin”.
6. Now, bake them for about 10 minutes or until they lift off the parchment paper using a spatula without sticking. Set aside and let them cool.
7. Now, assemble the marmalade with using pipe, or you can spread it to on the bottom of one macaron and press the bottom of a second onto it, pressing gently. Prepare all the macarons like this.
8. You can store these macrons for about 3 days in airtight container.
Preparation Time: 35 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes