A very famous French traditional breakfast with bread and eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
8 slices of bread of your choice
4 tablespoon butter
1. Break eggs into a shallow bowl. Beat together eggs, milk, sugar, salt, vanilla and cinnamon until well blended.
2. Melt butter in a nonstick pan or griddle.
3. Drop the bread slices, one at a time, into the batter, letting slices soak up egg mixture for a few seconds on each side. (Soak/coat only as many slices as you will be cooking at one time)
4. Place coated slices of bread onto the pan and cook until golden brown on both sides, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side.
5. You can dust the toast with powdered sugar before serving.
Cooking time: 30 minutes