Step by step guide to make delicious fried arbi at home. Enjoy this crispy fried arbi as a starter or with roti.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Servings: 4 Persons
– 500 gm arbi (colocassia)
– Salt to taste
– ? teaspoon red chili powder
– ? teaspoon turmeric powder
– 1 teaspoon coriander powder
– 1 teaspoon cumin powder
– 2 teaspoon aniseeds powder
– 1 teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
– A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
How To Make?
1. Boil the arbi in pressure cooker for 2-3 whistles. Let it cool and then remove the skin and set aside.
2. Now, heat the oil in frying pan and deep fry the arbi for 4-5 minutes or till turn golden brown and crispy.
3. Remove the arbi from oil and put it on absorbent paper.
4. In another frying pan add 1 tablespoon oil and add ajwain and asafoetida to oil.
5. Then add fried arbi, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and cumin powder, salt aniseeds powder and mix it well.
6. Stir fry the arbi for 5-6 minutes.
7. Turn off the flame and fried arbi is ready to serve with roti or plain paratha.