• 1/2 kg – fresh baby fish (heads can be left intact)
• 1/4 cup – Vinegar
• 1 tsp – ginger/garlic paste
• 1 tsp – salt
• 1/2 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 2 tbsp – Lemon juice
• 1/2 beaten Egg (opt)
• 1/4 cup – flour
• Oil for deep frying
• . 1/2 tsp – chaat masala
- Put the fish in a strainer and wash until nice and clean.
- Soak the fish in vinegar for 5 minutes then wash it off.
- Pat dry and marinate the fish in ginger/garlic paste, chilli powder, salt, lemon juice and egg.
- Take a plastic bag and put in the flour.
- Add the fish and shake the bag to coat all the fish with flour.
- Heat oil and drop in the fish a few at a time, and fry till golden and crisp –
- Drain off the oil, sprinkle with chaat masala and serve like French fries with your choice of chutney or with dal and rice.