• 6 -medium size mackerels
• 3 tbsp – oil
• 3 tsp – chillies powder
• 2 tsp – Ginger Garlic paste
• 1 tsp – cumin powder
• 1/2 tsp – coriander powder
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 2 tsp – Lime juice or Vinegar
• 1 tsp – salt
- Clean and remove the scales, fins and insides of the fish. Wash well.
- Mix all the above ingredients together with a little water to form a paste.
- Slit each mackerel lengthwise on either side keeping the centre bone intact.
- Stuff the paste into each mackerel evenly on either side of the centre bone.
- Rub some of the paste on the outsides as well.
- Keep aside for about 30 minutes. Heat oil in a flat pan and shallow fry the fish on both sides till evenly brown.
- Serve with white steamed rice and pepper water.
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White