• 115 gms – Refined flour
• 115 gms – Sugar
• 55 gms – Butter or margarine
• 2 – eggs
• Milk, a little if necessary for mixing to dropping consistency
• 1/2 tsp – Baking powder
• For the filling:
• 55 gms – Margarine
• 2 tbsp – Honey
• A few drops of vanilla essence
• 115 gms – Fruit (any, fresh or canned)
- Make a sponge cake in the usual way.
- Split in half when cold.
- Cream margarine and honey together and spread two-thirds over the bottom half of sponge cake.
- Slice fruit and arrange most of it on top.
- Cut other half of cake into two and arrange on top of fruit like butterfly wings.
- Spread rest of filling down centre and decorate with remaining fruit.