• 30 dried Apricots
• 1 ripe pineapple, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
• 4 apples, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
• 4 large, just-ripe bananas, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
• 4 tbsp – Butter
• 8 tbsp – Sugar
• 6 tbsp – blackcurrant juice
• 6 tbsp – Orange juice
• Vanilla ice Cream to serve
- Soak 16 skewers in cold water for 30 mins. and light the barbecue.
- Place the apricots in a bowl and add 3 tbsp. of blackcurrant juice to it. Leave to soak for 30 mins.
- Add the orange juice, remaining (3 tbsp.) blackcurrant juice, pineapple, banana and apples to the apricots and mix well.
- Thread the fruit on the skewers. Reserve the marinade for later use. Brush the skewers with butter. Sprinkle the sugar over the skewered fruit kebabs.
- Barbecue quickly over hot coals, 3-4 mins. on each side.
- Serve with the marinade poured over the fruit.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.