• 1 kg – flour/Maida (knead the Maida well with Coconut juice)
• 1/2 cup – Coconut juice
• 1 tsp – Sugar
• 2 – eggs
• 1 tbsp – fresh Yeast
- Knead the maida well with coconut juice, sugar and add the beaten eggs and yeast.
- The dough should be thick and light enough to form balls. Leave it for overnight to rise well.
- Next day pour enough cooking oil in a deep frying pan, when the oil is boiling, drop the fugia balls in the oil.
- To form the balls, grasp some dough with the left hand and squeeze it through the thumb and the fore finger.
- When it becomes brown remove with the perforated ladle.
- Recipe Courtesy: Mangalorean Recipes