Gajar Ka Halwa is very popular Indian dessert. Here is the easiest way to make delicious gajar ka halwa. Gajar Halwa is made during all festival occasions like Diwali, holi and other holy occasions. Gajar halwa is a classic recipe which is made all over India. In this recipe I have used khoya and also milk. Khoya will make gajar halwa tastier. You can also make gajar halwa without khoya (mava). Here is the step by step Gajar Halwa Recipe.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
Servings: 4 Persons
– 1 kg carrot (gajar)
– 1 liter milk
– 200 gm mava (khoya)
– 300 gm castor suga
– 50 gm ghee
– ? teaspoon elachi (cardamom) powder
– 8-10 cashews/kaju
– 8-10 Pistachio
– 8-10 almonds
How To cook?
1. wash, peel and grate the carrots with mandolin slicer.
2. Now, add milk and grated carrots in a deep bottomed pan and put it on LOW flame. Let the mixture boil and then simmer it. Keep stirring the mixture.
3. when the milk reduced half of its real amount, then add khoya (mava), sugar, and ghee and cardamom powder to it and mix well.
4. Keep stirring continuously and simmer it on LOW flame.
5. Then add cashews, pistachio and almonds to the mixture and simmer till all the milk burnt.