2 kg grated carrots
1 liter milk
2 1/2 cups (500 gm) mawa or khoya
2 1/2 cups (500 gm) sugar
3-4 tbsp ghee or clarified butter
1/2 cup cashewnuts
1 tbsp raisins
1 tsp cardamom powder
1 silver leaf (optional)
1. Combine milk and grated carrots in a heavy base kadhai or deep saucepan, bring it to boil.
2. Cook over medium heat until all the milk dries up, stirring the mixture occasionally to prevent any sticking.
3. Add sugar, ghee and mawa. Stir well and fry over low heat until ghee starts separating.
4. Add dry fruits, cardamom powder and continuously stir for 5-7 minutes.
5. Garnish with silver leaf and a few cashewnuts and serve hot
Cooking time: 3 Hours