• 1 cup – whole Wheat flour(gehum ka atta)
• 1 cup – Rice flour
• 1 cup – Curd
• 1.75 cups – water
• 1/2 tsp – salt
• 1 tbsp – oil
• 1 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1/2 tsp – Jeera (cumin seeds)
• 1 – onion, thinly sliced
• 2 tbsp – coriander leaves, chopped
- Ganga jamuna dosa:
- In a bowl, mix whole wheat, rice flour, curd and 1.5 cups of water.
- Mix well and make a smooth batter of pouring consistency, without any lumps (like dosa batter).
- Add 1/4 cup extra water, if required. Cover and keep aside, for 4 hours.
- For the seasoning:
- Heat oil in a pan on a medium heat. Add mustard seeds. When they crackle, add jeera and saute on a low heat, for 1 minute.
- Add thinly sliced onion and fry, till golden colour. Switch off the heat.
- Finally, mix with chopped coriander leaves. Pour this seasoning over dosa batter.
- Preparation of dosa:
- Heat a dosa tawa/griddle on medium heat. Sprinkle little oil.
- Pour a ladleful ( approximately 120 ml ) of the batter, onto it.
- Spread it evenly by 2- 3 circular rotations, using the base of the ladle, starting from the centre and progressing outwards. Close with a lid.
- Allow to cook for about 1 minute, then turn the other side and cook again for 30 – 40 seconds, until done or golden colour.
- Carefully remove it with a flat spatula and serve hot with chutney / pickle / sambar.
- Recipe Courtesy: Niya’s World
Recipe courtesy of Niya