• 1 – medium size Cauliflower
• 5 to 6 – Potatoes
• 1 – large Tomato
• A handful of Cumin seeds
• 5 to 6 – Green chillies
• 1 – small piece Ginger
• Chilli powder
• Turmeric powder
• Coriander powder
• Coriander leaves for garnish
• Garam Masala (optional)
• Oil as required
• Salt to taste
- Cut cauliflower into small florets and boil in plenty of water, with a little turmeric.
- Drain the liquid and keep aside the florets.
- In a pan, add oil and heat well.
- Add mustard and cumin seeds and allow to splutter.
- Add green chillies and ginger, saute well.
- Add cauliflower and mix thoroughly.
- Add chopped potatoes.
- Then add turmeric, chilli, coriander powder and mix well.
- Close and leave for 8-10 minutes.
- Check occasionally and do not overcook the potato.
- Add chopped tomato, leave for a minute.
- Add garam masala if needed
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Indu Raja