• 1 tbsp – oil
• 1 – onion, finely sliced
• 2 inch piece – ginger, finely sliced
• 12 – Garlic cloves, finely sliced
• 1.75 tsp – pepper powder
• 8 – Curry leaves
• 500 g – chicken, cut into medium size pieces
• 1/2 tsp – salt (or to taste)
• 100 ml (1/2 cup) – water
- Wash and clean the chicken pieces. Drain out the water and keep aside.
- Dilute pepper powder in 4 tsps of water.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add finely sliced onion and fry on a low to medium heat, until golden colour.
- Add sliced ginger and garlic. Stir well.
- Add diluted pepper powder mix.
- Stir well on a low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add curry leaves and stir well.
- Add chicken pieces, salt to taste and 1/2 cup (100 ml) water.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Cover with a tight lid and cook on a low to medium heat, for 25 – 35 minutes or until done/chicken pieces softens / well coated with pepper powder gravy / gravy thickens.
- Serve hot with fried rice / noodles / rotis / brown or whole wheat bread.
- Recipe Courtesy: Niya’s World
Recipe courtesy of Niya