Add some extra ginger flavour to your basic pumpkin pie recipe and enjoy one different taste of pie recipe. This recipe is made with very less usage of sugar.
– 1 ready-made pie crust
– 1/2 teaspoon butter
– 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup brown sugar
– 2 tablespoon grated ginger
– 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– Salt, pepper to taste
– 1 1/2 cups half and half
– 1/2 teaspoon chopped ginger for garnishing
How To Cook?
1. Preheat the oven at 170 C.
2. Melt the ready-made pie crust and slightly coat the pie with very less butter.
3. Streak with crust, crimping off the excess. Place it on the oven rack and heat it for 10-12 minutes.
4. Now, in a bowl, add pumpkin puree, brown sugar, eggs and whisk it properly. Then add ginger, salt, pepper, cinnamon and again whisk it.
5. Now, add half and half to the mixture and whisk till it becomes smooth.
6. Pour pumpkin pie filling into preheated crust.
7. Put the pie on the oven’s centre rack and bake it for 1 hours.
8. Once it’s ready remove it from the oven and let it cool at room temperature. Then place it in to refrigerator to cool.
9. Garnish with grated ginger and serve the ginger pumpkin pie.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hours