• 1/2 kg – fish
• 1/4 tsp – Red Chilli powder (for marinating the fish)
• 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder (for marinating the fish)
• 1 cup – fresh grated Coconut
• 1/2 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1/2 inch Tamarind
• 1 – Onion (small)
• 1 tsp – dried Coriander seeds
• 1/4 tsp – pepper
• 1 tsp – oil
• Salt to taste
- Clean the fish, wash and apply a quarter tsp of red chilli powder, quarter tsp of turmeric powder, salt and keep aside.
- Cut finely half of the onion.
- Grind coconut, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, tamarind, half of the onion, coriander seeds, pepper finely.
- In a vessel, put oil and add the finely cut onion.
- When onion gets cooked, add the marinated fish and let cook with onion for 1 min.
- Then add the ground coconut mixture.
- Add little water (quantity of water depends on how thick you want the curry. But the curry taste good when it is little thick).
- Add salt to taste.
- Remove from fire when curry boils.
Recipe courtesy of Sarika