• 1.5 cups – plain flour
• 3 tbsp – Ghee
• 18 to 20 – Cloves
• 1/2 tsp – Cardamom powder
• 1.5 cup – Sugar
• 1 cup – khoya
• Ghee to deep fry
- Refrigerate khoya for 30 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water to sugar and bring to a boil.
- Add 2 tbsp. milk to the syrup and remove scum.
- Boil syrup till sticky and cool it.
- Meanwhile, add ghee to flour and mix till crumbly.
- Add warm water to make a medium stiff dough.
- Divide into 18-20 parts, and roll into balls.
- Roll each into a thin chapatti.
- First fold in half and then quarter.
- Insert a clove at the centre to hold all the folds together.
- Deep fry in hot ghee .
- Break khoya till coarse crumbs are formed.
- Mix the cardamom and khoya into the cooled syrup and chill syrup.
- One hour before serving, immerse the triangles in the syrup.
- For serving, place a triangle in the bowl and pour a spoonful of syrup on top.
- Serve cold.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering