Hot Vegetable baked dish
1 cup peas
1 cup diced carrot
1 cup cauliflower florets
1/2 cup sliced french beans
1/2 cup sliced mushroom (optional)
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Water for boiling
For White Sauce
3 teaspoon butter
2 1/2 teaspoon flour
3 cups hot milk
1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (unless preparing in advance).
2. Boil peas, carrots, cauliflower, beans together until tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Blanch mushrooms in boiling water for a few minutes.
4. Melt butter in a sauce pan (preferably non-stick), stir in the flour and saute vigorously over a low to medium heat without browning for about 3-5 minutes.
5. Slowly add the milk a little at a time, stirring continuously, to produce a smooth sauce.
6. Bring it to a boil and allow it to thicken, reduce the heat and cook for a few minutes.
7. Add the boiled vegetables and mushroom and mix well.
8. Season with salt and black pepper.
9. Pour the mixture in a greased (with butter) ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
10. Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top.
11. Bake gratin uncovered in 400°F oven until the sauce thickens or cheese is golden brown and bubbly. For about 25-30 minutes.
12. Remove from oven and serve hot as a main dish.
Cooking time: 45 minutes