• 1 cup – Green Gram
• 3 tbsp – Grated Coconut
• Salt – to taste
• 1 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1 tsp – Urad Dal
• Hing – A generous pinch
• 1 – Red Chilli
• A few Curry leaves
• 1 tsp – Oil
- Soak green gram for at least 8 hours.
- Pressure cook green gram for 3-4 whistles or until soft and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and urad dal and let it splutter.
- Then add curry leaves and red chillies and saute for a minute.
- Then add cooked green gram.
- Add required salt , then coconut, give a quick stir.
- Saute for 2 minutes till all is combined.
- If you want the sweet version add powdered jaggery while adding the green gram itself.
- Serve hot / warm.
- Recipe courtesy: Sharmi’s Passions
Recipe courtesy of Sharmilee