• 1/2 cup – whole green gram/paasi payaru
• 3 tbsp – Jaggery
• 2 pinches – salt
• 4 tbsp – grated Coconut
• To temper: 1 tsp – oil
• 3/4 tsp – mustard
• a few Curry leaves
• 1 – Red Chilli
- Soak the green gram overnight and drain, leaving just enough water to immerse the green gram.
- Pressure-cook on medium flame (3-4 whistles).
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with mustard, red chilli and curry leaves.
- Add the cooked green gram and stir until the moisture evaporates.
- Add salt and jaggery.
- Stir until the jaggery blends well, add the coconut and stir for a minute.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Recipe and Image courtesy: Rak`s Kitchen