Grilled Eggplant Parmigiana Panini is super delicious and healthier version of sandwich or we can say the hero of all the sandwiches. This sandwich is very easy and quick to make. The Italian bread has layered with grilled eggplant, fresh basil, mozzarella and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheeses and some marinara is spread on it then grilled in a panini maker. Enjoy this panini with classic version of grilled eggplant parmigiana.
– 1 crosswise sliced eggplant
– 8 slices of Italian bread
– 1 cup shredded mozzarella
– 1/2 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano
– 1/2 cup marinara
– 8 fresh chopped basil leaves
– Salt to taste
– 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper powder
– Olive oil, for brushing
How To Cook?
1. Preheat the Panini grill to MEDIUM-HIGH heat.
2. Lay out eggplant slices on clean surface like cutting board and brush olive oil on top of each slice.
3. After brushing with oil season it with salt and black pepper powder.
4. Now, place this seasoned side-down on the Panini grill and then brush the olive oil on the other side of each eggplant slices and season it with salt and black pepper powder and close the grill lid.
5. Grill these eggplant slices for about 4-5 minutes or until cooked through and tender.
6. Set eggplant aside and cover it with foil to keep those slices warm.
7. Clean this grill and reheat it to MEDIUM-HIGH heat.
8. Now for each sandwich, pile a few tablespoons of the mozzarella and Parmigiano-Reggiano onto a slice of bread.
9. Add a few spoonfuls of marinara on top of the cheese then layer on 2 slices of eggplant, 1/4 of the basil and again sprinkle the cheese then put another slices of eggplant and a few more spoonfuls of marinara and some more sprinkling of cheese.
10. Close this sandwich with a second slice of bread and brush olive oil on to the bread.
11. Now, grill this sandwich for about 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.
12. Prepare more sandwich similarly.
13. When the sandwich is ready cut it in half and serve immediately.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 35-40 Minutes