• Buttermilk – 5 cups
• Besan dal – 1.5 cups
• Salt to taste
• Red Chillies – 4
• Mustard Seeds – 1 tbsp
• Jeera seeds – 1 tbsp
• Cooking oil – 2 tbsp
• Red Chilli powder to taste
• Fresh Coriander leaves – a few
- Heat the cooking oil and put mustard.
- Allow to splutter.
- Add jeera seeds, chillies, salt, chilli powder and turmeric.
- Cook till the chillies look brownish or black.
- Add the buttermilk to this.
- Reduce the heat.
- Add the besan gradually, constantly stirring.
- Allow it to simmer for 15 minutes, with constant stirring.
- Add coriander leaves to it.
- Serve it with rice and papad.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi