Gulab Jamun, a very easy and simple recipe to try out. Gulab Jamun is a traditional Indian Sweets which is eaten all over the India during the festivals, as a dessert and many more occasions. Traditionally Gulab Jamun is fried in ghee; also I have used the same thing. If you don’t want to use ghee then you can also use oil for frying.
– 350 gm khoya (mava)
– 50 gm Maida
– A pinch of bicarbonate of soda
– 1/2 teaspoon whole cardamom seeds (Elaichi)
– 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
– 400 gm sugar
– A pinch of saffron (kesar)
– 40 gm raisin (kismis)
– Ghee for frying
How To Make?
1. Take a bowl and grate a khoya and then add maida, bicarbonate of soda and cardamom seeds and mix it well.
2. Now makes small balls from the khoya mixture. One by one take balls and in each piece add one raisin to the ball and again make a round ball of it. Be sure that the gulab jamun ball should be round in shape and has no any broken lines on the balls.
3. Now, take frying pan and add ghee to heat and then add gulab jamun to the pan and fry it until it becomes golden brown in color. Keep it aside to cool.
4. Now, take bowl and add water to it and add sugar and mix it well and make thick sugar syrup.
5. Then add cardamom powder and kesar and boil it. Remove it from the heat once it’s ready.
6. Now, add previously made gulab jamun to this syrup for 15 to 20 minutes and again place it on the fire for 1-2 minute.
7. Place Gulab Jamun into the refrigerator to make it cool. Serve cold.
Preparation Time: 20 Minute
Cooking Time: 35 Minutes