Halwasan is the most popular sweet of Gujarat which is traditional recipe, especially in Khambhat the region. That is why it is very popular as Khambhati Halwasan. It is prepared with wheat grain, milk, semolina and enriched with dry fruits and also it is very easy to make. Of course it is time consuming but when it comes out you will forgot your all hassles. So here is the recipe for this delicious delicacy of Gujarat.
– 150 gm wheat grain
– 200 gm semolina
– 2.5 liter milk
– 200 gm ricotta cheese
– 500 gm sugar
– 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
– Few saffron strands
– 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
– A pinch alum powder
– Some slivered almonds, to garnish
How To Make?
1. Soak the wheat overnight. Drain and cover with the cloth. Leave in a cool place for 24 hours. Sun dry and grind coarsely.
2. Now, mix in the semolina, coarsely ground wheat in milk. Bring it boil on a high heat while stirring it constantly.
3. After 15-20 minutes reduce the heat. Then add alum powder and cook till the time the mixture has almost dried up.
4. Then add sugar and saffron and cook for few more minutes.
5. Add cardamom powder and nutmeg powder. Mix it well and cook it till it is completely dry.
6. Transfer it in another plate and let it cool for a while.
7. Divide it in equal portions and press between the palms to flatten.
8. Garnish it with slivered almonds and serve.
Preparation Time: 9-10 hours
Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
Servings: 4 Persons