Handi chana is full of tastes of tomatoes, coriander, red and green chilies, tamarind to make it tastier and healthy. It’s a very delicious chana masala recipe that you must try. This handi Chana masala is very easy to cook and full of nutrition. You can serve handi chana as a snack or can include it into your main meal.
– 2 cups Kabuli chana (chick peas)
– 2 brown cardamoms
– 3-4 cloves
– 1 large, finely chopped onion
– 1 tablespoon garlic paste
– 1 tablespoon ginger paste
– Salt to taste
– 3 tablespoon Chana Masala
– 1/2 tablespoon red chili powder
– 1/2 tablespoon garam masala
– 4 tablespoon dhania powder
– 2 tablespoon bhuna jeera powder
– 3 tablespoon tamarind pulp
– 1 tomato, cut into 8 pieces
– 1-2 green chilies cut lengthwise into half
– Few ginger juliennes
How To Cook?
1. Soak the Kabuli chana overnight.
2. On next day, drain water from the kabuli chana. Put it in a pressure cooker and add 4 cup water to it.
3. Add finely chopped onion, brown cardamoms, cloves, garlic paste and ginger paste.
4. Pressure cook at LOW heat flame for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Then, after the pressure drops open the pressure cooker and add salt, dhania powder, channa masala, jeera powder, garam masala, red chili and the tamarind pulp to the cooked chana.
6. Now, again pressure cook for 4-5 minutes.
7. Garnish it with ginger match sticks, tomatoes and green chilies and serve hot.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes