• 1 kg – lamb with bones
• 2 – large Onions
• 1 small cup – fresh Mint leaves
• 1 cup – Curd
• 2 tsp – Mustard oil
• 2 pieces – green Cardamom
• 2 pieces – black Cardamom
• 2 pieces – Cinnamons
• 2 tsp – Ginger Garlic paste
• vegetable oil
• Coriander leaves
• Garam Masala powder
• Turmeric powder
• salt to taste
- Marinate the washed, dried lamb with curd, salt, mustard oil, turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder for 2 hours.
- In a mixer grade onions, khara garam masalas, coriander leaves, mint leaves, ginger and garlic cloves.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a kadai.
- Add in the grated mixture and saute for 5 mins.
- Now add the marinated lamb pieces. Cook for 10 mins.
- Add a pinch of salt, turmeric and chilli powder if necessary.
- Add water to it and cover, cook till the sauce is dense and lamb pieces are tender.
- Garnish with freshly cut coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with hot rice, roti or paratha.
Recipe courtesy of Sanjukta Mukherjee