• 3/4 cup – (ground form) fresh green gram ground fine
• 1/2 cup – Sugar
• 1/4 cup – Ghee + 1 tbsp Ghee
• 2 tbsp – Wheat flour
• 1 cup – water
• 1/4 tsp – Cardamom powder
• 3-4 drop edible green colouring (optional)
• 1 tbsp – chopped Almonds & Pistachios mixed
- Heat water, add sugar, bring to boil.
- Simmer for 4-5 minutes, cover, keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp. ghee in a heavy pan, add flour.
- Stir fry on low fire till flour exudes aroma and is in light brown in colour.
- Keep aside in a vessel. In the same empty pan, add remaining ghee.
- Heat, add crushed gram, stir cook on low for 15 minutes.
- Take care not to allow to stick at bottom of pan.
- Add sugar syrup carefully, because it may splash.
- Add fried flour, stirring constantly.
- Use a long handles spatula, stir constantly, till ghee separates.
- Add cardamom, chopped nuts, saving some for garnish.
- Add colour, stir gently, till well blended.
- Remove from fire, garnish with remaining chopped nuts.
- Serve hot or warm. Refrigerate, reheat, as required.
- To reheat, take required quantity in a small pan.
- Sprinkle some hot water, stir cook, till fresh made texture is achieved.
- Do not re-refrigerate, the texture may change.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi