• 750 gm tori or torai (ridge gourd)
• 2 tbsp. Ghee
• 1 tsp. Cumin seeds
• 1 tsp. ginger, finely grated
• Â½ tsp. chilli powder
• 2 tsp. coriander powder
• 1 and 1/2 tsp. sendha namak (rock salt)
• 1/2 tsp. Sugar
• Green chillies, cut lengthwise, for garnish
- Peel and cube torai, throwing away any hard seeds and place in water until ready to use.
- Heat ghee and add cumin seeds, followed by ginger and sautÃ© till slightly discoloured.
- Add torai and stir fry over high flame till it looks glossy.
- Add chilli powder, dhania powder, salt and sugar, mix well and cook over low flame until tender, stirring a few times to avoid scorching.
- Serve hot garnished with green chillies.