• 1 cup – Wheat flour
• 1 – Onion, finely chopped
• 1/2 inch – Ginger, crushed
• 2 Cloves – Garlic, crushed
• 2 nos – Green chillies, chopped
• 1 – Carrot, grated (medium size)
• 2 nos – Beans, finely chopped
• 1 – Radish grated
• dried Methi leaves ( kasur Methi) a handful
• 1 Potato boiled and smashed
• flour ( to roll the rotis)
- Saute onion, ginger, garlic and green chillies in cooking oil until onions turn transparent. Add the mashed potatoes, grated carrot and raddish, beans and kasur methi and mix well for a minute over the flame. Empty into a large bowl. Add flour mixed with salt and knead into a soft dough. ( Water is not required)
- Divide into lemon size balls.
- Flatten slightly, dipping each side into extra flour to stop it sticking and roll into thin circles.
- Toss the roti in a nonstick pan spreading a little ghee on each side.
- Turn over and cook until brown and blistering.
Recipe courtesy of vidhyathapan