• Sweet biscuits or left over cake for the base
• 1/2 litre – Milk
• 6 heaped tbsp – Sugar
• 5 level tbsp – cocoa powder
• 1 tsp – coffee powder
• cornflour for thickening (make a paste of cornflour and water)
• Cashewnuts or almonds, crushed – for garnishing
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• 1 tbsp – Orange juice (optional)
- Crush the biscuits or cake and press down on the base of a glass dish.
- Sprinkle orange juice and essence, and keep aside.
- Boil the milk, add the sugar, stir in the cocoa and coffee and add the cornflour to it till it thickens like custard and coats the back of the spoon. Cool it well.
- Pour it over the cake and set in the freezer for about 15 minutes. Take it out and keep it in the fridge.
- Garnish with cashews and a dollop of cream before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Kerin