• 1 kg – Meat (beef or mutton) from the neck part cut into medium size pieces
• 3 tbsp – oil
• 2 – large sliced Onions
• 4 – large potatoes, peeled and sliced
• 1 tsp – Mint powder
• 1 tsp – Oregano (optional)
• 1 tsp – salt
• 2 tsp – pepper powder
• 2 tsp – chopped Parsley
• 1 cup – water
• 2 – green chillies, slit
- Wash the meat and rub the salt and chilly powder and pepper well into it.
- Place it in a big pan or a pressure cooker, and cook on high heat for a few minutes.
- Keep turning the meat on all sides till it changes colour.
- Add the onions, potatoes and sufficient water and cook till the meat is tender.
- Transfer to an oven proof dish and bake in a moderate oven till the meat is nicely brown all over and the potatoes too are well roasted.
- Serve hot or cold with bread.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White