• 500 g – Rice flakes
• 50 g – Tamarind
• 4 tsp – coriander powder
• 5 -whole Red Chillies
• 50 g Jaggery
• 1 tsp – Fenugreek seeds
• 1/2 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
• 8 – whole black pepper Corns
• A pinch – Asafoetida
• 1/2 – tsp Turmeric powder
• Salt to taste
- Coarsely powder the rice flakes.
- Soak tamarind in a glass of water.
- Extract the juice and mix jaggery in it and keep aside.
- Roast red chillies, fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, whole black peppers, asafoetida and coriander well.
- Grind them, and mix them with turmeric powder and salt.
- Add this to the powdered rice flakes.
- Then add tamarind juice to it and mix it well.
- Heat oil, fry mustard seeds, red chillies, ground nut, curry leaves and sesame seeds for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix them in rice flakes and serve it sprinkled with coconut powder.
Recipe courtesy of Savitha