• 2.25 cups – curds
• 1 cup + 1 tbsp – Milk
• 1 cup + 1 tbsp – condensed Milk
• 1/4 tsp – Cardamom powder
• a pinch of Saffron dissolved in 1 tsp warm water
• To decorate: fruits and nuts (black grapes, chickoo, strawberry, pistachios, badam, etc.)
- Pour curd into a fine strainer. When some of the water has drained and the curd is reduced to half its volume, pour into a bowl and beat till smooth.
- Add milk, condensed milk, cardamom and saffron. Mix well and pour into a pudding dish.
- Pour enough water in the rice cooker pan to come up half way up the pudding bowl.
- Place an upturned aluminium plate in the cooker, place the dish on it and cover with a lid.
- Switch to “rice cooking” mode. When the water in the cooker begins to boil, push the switch to “keep warm” mode.
- Switch off when the cheese cake is set.
- Remove the dish and chill in the refrigerator .
- Serve decorated with fruits and nuts.
Recipe courtesy of Barkha Java