• 1 small bunch Spinach (palak)
• 1.5 cups – Curd
• For Masala:
• 1 chilly, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp – chopped Coriander leaves
• salt to taste
• To Temper:
• 1 tsp – oil
• 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
- Chop spinach finely. Wash thoroughly.
- Partially boil the spinach without adding any water on a low flame.
- Tie the curd in a muslin cloth and suspend for about an hour to let the excess water from the curd drop out.
- Put the boiled spinach in the thickened curd.
- Add salt, chopped coriander leaves, and chopped chilies.
- For tempering, heat the oil in a small kadai. Add cumin seeds, when the seeds splutter, pour over the raita.
- Mix well. Chill and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Anitha Raheja