• 500 g – mutton, cubed
• 225 g – Potatoes
• 1kg – Onions
• A pinch pepper
• Salt to taste
• 500ml – Mutton bone stock or water
- Wash meat pieces, peel and slice onions.
- Peel and cut potatoes into large pieces.
- Put the meat, onions, seasoning and a quarter of the thinly sliced potatoes into the pan and add water or stock.
- Cook till the meat is three-fourth cooked.
- Place the remaining potatoes, large pieces on top of the meat and onions and cook till meat and potatoes are cooked well.
- Serve hot in a soup bowl with meat in the centre and potatoes gravy around.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Abraham