• Flour – 3 cups
• Sugar – 1 cup
• Baking powder – 4 tsp
• Cream cheese – 220 gms
• Salt – 1/2 tsp
• Lemon zest – 2 tbsp
• eggs – 2 nos
• Whole Milk – 1 cup
• Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
• Butter (melted and cooled) – 1/2 cup
• Fresh jamun (seedless) – 1 cup
• Sugar – 1/2 cup
• Cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
- For the marination: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a muffin liner inside each opening of a large muffin pan. Spray each liner lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the room temperature cream cheese and lemon zest until light and creamy.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth. Add milk, vanilla and melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the bowl with the flour mixture and using a large wooden spoon, mix until completely combined.
- Gently fold in the seedless roughly chopped jamuns until evenly mixed in the batter.
- Using an ice cream scoop, spoon the batter evenly into the 12 prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. The sprinkle the tops generously with the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins are firm and just beginning to brown.
- Serve with butter while still warm.
- Chefs Tip: Tastes best with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Muffins have to be served hot with honey and nuts on the side.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jerson Fernandes