• 500 g – Jhighe (Tori)
• 250 g – Red Pumpkin
• 2 – Onions, very finely sliced
• 1 tsp – Turmeric paste
• 1/4 tsp – chilli paste
• 2.5 tsp – Mustard paste
• 4 – green chillies, chopped fine
• 1/2 – coconut, grated
• Salt to taste
• 1/4 cup or 60 g – Mustard oil
• 6 – Banana leaves, cut to size for iron tawa
- Peel the Jhinge and cut fine.
- Add half a tsp salt and leave for a while.
- With the addition of salt, the Jhinge will give out water.
- Squeeze this out and keep aside.
- Peel and cut the pumpkin into strips.
- In a bowl, mix together the two vegetables and all the other ingredients.
- Be cautious when adding salt because both the Jhinge and pumpkin reduce considerably when cooked.
- Place the banana leaves cross-wise on the tawa and set this on the fire over medium heat.
- Pour the vegetable mixture on to the banana leaves and cook, increasing heat towards end of cooking time until vegetables are cooked and oil comes to the surface.
- Turn vegetables over once during cooking and smoothen over with the back of a spoon.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi