As we know banana is delicious and very healthy fruit which is very rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber. It is a good source of resistance starch, energy and contains a lot of iron, potassium and has many nutrition values. After all this benefits facts let me bring you a very tasty recipe of raw banana for your fasting, Kele Ki Sabji’. This sabji tastes really good as a side dish with sama chawal. If you craving for a lip smacking dish, just try this recipe.
– 2 unripe bananas
– 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (optional)
– 1 chopped green chilli
– 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot powder
– 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
– 1 tablespoon curd
– 1 teaspoon lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon oil
– 1 stalk curry leaves
– Salt to taste
How To Cook?
1. Peel the bananas and chop them into small pieces.
2. In a bowl, take ample amount of water and add 1 teaspoon of salt to it.
3. Transfer the banana pieces into salted water immediately otherwise they get discolored.
4. Now, put some water in a deep pan and bring it to boil.
5. When the water starts boiling add banana pieces and little turmeric powder. Stir it and allow it to boil till the pieces turn tender.
6. When the banana pieces done drain the water and set aside to cool.
7. In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, turmeric powder and salt.
8. In a pan, heat oil then add cumin seeds and curry leaves. Allow cumin seeds to splutter.
9. Now, add banana pieces and gently stir in yogurt mixture.
10. Add cup of water to it. Stir well and cover the pan with the lid and cook this for about 3-4 minutes.
11. At last, add lemon juice in it and sprinkle with arrowroot powder. Stir it to mix.
12. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
13. Serve hot with kuttu chapati or Rajgira poori.
Preparation Time: 10-15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 Minutes
Servings: 3 Persons