• 1 – medium green Cabbage
• 4 – green chillies, halved
• 2 stalks – Curry leaves
• 1 tbsp – Coriander leaves
• 2 tbsp – Coconut freshly scraped
• 1/4 tsp – each mustard & Cumin seeds
• 4 pinches- Turmeric powder
• 2 pinches- Asafoetida
• 1/2 tsp – Lemon juice
• 1/4 tsp – Amchoor powder (dried mango)
• 1 tbsp – oil or Ghee
• Salt to taste
- Chop cabbage, wash and drain in colander.
- Should be about 2 cups on chopping.
- Sprinkle turmeric and salt on cabbage.
- Keep aside.
- Heat oil in kadai, add mustard and cumin seeds, allow to splutter.
- Add green chillies, curry leaves, and asafoetida.
- Add cabbage, cover, simmer for one minute.
- Stir and toss.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove lid, add amchoor, stir.
- Cook on high heat, while stirring in between, to let the water evaporate.
- Add coconut, coriander, and mix.
- Serve hot, or cold as a salad.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering