• 500 g – khoya
• 150 g – Cashewnuts
• 2 tbsp – Milk
• 400 g – Sugar
• 1/2 tsp – Cardamom powder
• Silver foil
• A few halved cashews for garnishing
- Dry grind the cashew.
- Grate the khoya.
- Mix khoya, milk and sugar.
- Heat in a heavy pan, stirring continuously.
- Once the sugar dissolves, add the cashew (powdered) and elaichi.
- Cooking, constantly stir, till soft lump is formed and does not stick to sides.
- Roll on a flat surface to desired thickness and apply silver foil.
- Garnish with halved cashews.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering