• Karela (long) -2 (4 if too small)
• 1 – big Onion
• Jaggery or Sugar -1 tsp
• Chilli powder
• Dhania powder
- Peel karelas and cut into small pieces and boil in water adding little turmeric powder.
- Make sure the karelas don’t boil too much.
- Don’t pressure cook.
- You can boil them in microwave for about 5 minutes.
- Then drain and sqeeze out the water from karelas.
- Add oil in pan such that you can fry the karela pieces (its not deep fry).
- Cut onions into very small pieces.
- Fry the karela pieces, once becomes kind of brown add the onions add ginger garlic paste and fry for some time.
- Once the onions become brown colour add chilli powder, salt, dhania powder and jaggery and fry for some more time.
- The dish is ready.
Recipe courtesy of Varudhini