• Raw Rice – 1/4 glass
• Milk – 1 litre
• Sugar – 1 glass
• Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
• Cashewnuts – a few
- Heat a vessel and fry the rice for a few mins.
- Pressure cook rice along with 1/2 litre milk in a vessel placed inside the cooker and after 3 whistles simmer it for 15 to 20 mins.
- Take the vessel out, mash the rice, add the remaining 1/2 litre milk and place it in gas, on very low flame, stirring constantly.
- After 5 mins when the pure white colour disappears, add sugar and stir continuously.
- After all the sugar has dissolved and the mixture turns thicker, remove from flame, add cardamom powder, roasted cashews.
- Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Madhu