• 3 medium sized Onions (finely chopped)
• 2 cups – gram flour
• 5 Green chillies (finely chopped)
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• sufficient water to make the batter
• oil for deep frying
• 2 tbsp – oil
• salt to taste
- In a bowl mix together gram flour, onions, green chillies, oil, red chilli powder and salt.
- Add sufficient water and make a thick batter.
- Deep fry medium sized portions of the mixture.
- Fry for 5 to 7 minutes on a high flame.
- Remove the bhajiyas and keep aside for few minutes to cool.
- Break the bhajiyas into smaller portions.
- Deep fry again in hot oil on a medium flame for few minutes.
- This gives a desired crisp bhajiya.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja