• 1 cup – besan
• 3 tbsp – Rice flour
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• Salt as needed
• Baking soda – a pinch
• Oil for deep frying
• Curry leaves – a few
• 2 pinches – asafetida
• 8 – Cashew nuts
• Peanuts – a few.
- Mix both the flours in a bowl. Add salt, asafoetida, and red chilli powder to this.
- Add water to make this into a batter of dosa batter consistency.
- Add the baking soda and mix well.
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying. When the oil is hot, pour batter through a slotted spoon to make bhoondis. Drain oil from bhoondis and spread on a kitchen towel.
- Deep fry the curry leaves, cashew nuts and peanuts in the hot oil till golden brown. (Fry everything separately.)
- Mix well. Transfer to an air tight container.
- Recipe and image courtesy: Jeyashris Kitchen