• 1/4 kg – Karela
• 2 medium – boiled Potatoes
• 1 tbsp – oil
• 1/4 tsp each – mustard seeds, Hing and Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp each – Ginger and green chilli, finely chopped
• Salt and Sugar to taste
• 1 tsp – Lemon juice
- Grate karela and put it in a piece of cloth and extract the juice.
- Spread the grated karela in a big plate, sprinkle 1 tsp of oil and microwave it for 4 minutes.
- Stirring in between, microwave it until it becomes crisp.
- In a bowl, mix oil, mustard seeds, hing and turmeric and microwave it for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger and chilli pieces and microwave it for 1 minute.
- Peel the potatoes and cube them.
- Add these cubes along with the karela.
- Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Stir and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and stir and garnish with fresh coriander.
Recipe courtesy of Vasundhara Parvate