Kashmiri Pulao is sweet, colourful and very aromatic rice dish. Kashmiri Pulao is very easy sweet rice recipe. In this recipe, there are lots of dry fruits like almonds, raisins, walnuts and cashews are using which gives sweet taste to the dish. Here I am sharing an easy to make Kashmiri Pulao Recipe.
– 1 cup Long grain basmati rice
– 1 teaspoon oil
– 2 1/2 tablespoons ghee
– 1/4 inch piece cinnamon stick
– 2-3 cloves
– 2-3 green cardamom
– 1 star anise
– 1 bay leaf
– 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 1 cup milk
– 1 1/2 cups water
– 7-8 strands of saffron
– 1 big thinly sliced onion
– 1/2 teaspoon roasted Jeera powder
– Salt to taste
– 1/4 cup chopped pineapple
– 1/4 cup pomegranate
– 3/4 cup small red grapes
– 2 tablespoons cashew nuts
– 2 tablespoons almonds
– 2 1/2 tablespoons raisins
How To Cook?
1. Wash the long grain basmati rice and soak it for 30 minutes after that drain excess water.
2. Now, soak saffron in one teaspoon of warm milk for about 5 minutes.
3. In a deep frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of ghee on MEDIUM flame and when ghee is heated add cinnamon stick, cloves, green cardamom, star anise, bay leaf and cumin seeds to it and saut? it for 15 seconds.
4. Now, add soaked basmati rice to it and saut? it for 5 minutes on MEDIUM flame.
5. Then add soaked saffron and mix it well. Then add milk, water and salt to it then mix and cover the pan with lid and let the basmati rice cook.
6. In another frying pan heat remaining ghee and add cashews and almonds then saut? it until it turns golden. Then after add raisins to it and saut? it for 20-25 minutes then transfer it in a bowl.
7. Now, heat oil in the same pan and add sliced onion to it and saut? it until it turns golden brown and transfer it in a bowl.
8. When the basmati rice get cooked switch of the flame and add fried dry fruits, fried onions and fruits to it and mix it quickly then add roasted Jeera powder and again quickly mix it then transfer it in a serving bowl and garnish it with small red grapes.
9. Your tempting and delicious Kashmiri Pulao is ready to serve.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 Persons